Who we are
Through your use of our website, bamboo-haus.com and our other websites (Websites), social media websites and pages and other communications with us, we may collect personal information about you.
Collection of personal information
What kinds of personal information does Bamboo Haus collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that Bamboo Haus collects includes names, contact details and other information that is relevant to our functions and activities.
How does Bamboo Haus collect personal information?
We usually collect personal information directly from individuals.
We may collect your personal information when you communicate with us, such as when you:
- make inquiries about Bamboo Haus, our products and services or contact us for any other reason so that we can process, deal with and respond to your queries or other issues including any complaints; or
- purchase our goods;
- subscribe to any of our services, or for any other online services provided by us; or
- contact, register with, post to, like or follow any of our social media websites, pages, forums or blogs; or
- use our Website; or
- register for and attend at our events; or
- make applications for prospective employment and contracting opportunities at Bamboo Haus; or
- subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or survey, enter or participate in any competitions or promotions.
- Any personal information collected on our Website or our social media pages will state to the user that personal information is being collected.
What happens if you do not provide your personal information to Bamboo Haus?
If you do not provide personal information that we request in connection with our activities, we may not be able to provide our products or services to you.
Why does Bamboo Haus collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information?
We collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information as necessary for purposes directly related to our functions and activities, including:
- providing our products and services to our customers and to provide information relating to our products and services;
- direct marketing including promotions and newsletters;
- to develop data profile to enable us to tailor goods and services to individuals and to enhance the content of our Website; and
We track traffic patterns throughout our Website.
We use “cookies” on our Website. A “cookie” is a small amount of information which is transferred to the hard drive of your computer and which can identify your web browser but not you. A cookie can collect and store information, but cannot interfere with your computer. Most cookies that we use are “session cookies” that delete themselves at the end of your session.
If you want, you can disable your web browser from accepting cookies. If you do so, you can still access our websites, but not all services may be available.
Will Bamboo Haus disclose personal information to anyone else?
We may disclose personal information to third parties, for the purposes set out above, such as:
- in connection with promotions or similar services; or
- to service providers, agents and contractors of Bamboo Haus to sub-contract certain services; or
- with the consent of the individual; or
- otherwise in accordance with the Act.
Where we sub-contract certain services only information necessary for the service provider to carry out their function will be provided and will be subject to confidentiality clauses in the relevant agreement or the suppliers privacy policies.
We may also provide your information to others, if required or permitted to do so by law, in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Unsubscribing from Bamboo Haus’s marketing materials
Every time that we send emails or other materials for marketing or promotional purposes, our communications will contain instructions on how you may opt out of receiving direct marketing.
You can also opt out of receiving direct marketing by contacting the Privacy Officer.
We have implemented procedures and installed equipment to safeguard the security and confidentiality of your information.
We continually review our security arrangements and to ensure that we are taking such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect your personal information from loss, interference or misuse and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Among other techniques, we usually store such information on our network behind our “firewall” in a secure location. We also ensure that only authorised staff have access to areas where information is stored electronically.
Once personal information is no longer required by us for the purposes for which it was collected or held or otherwise in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that it is either destroyed or de-identified.
Access, Correction and Removal of your Personal Information
We take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that personal information that we collect is accurate, up to date and complete.
We also take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information that we use or disclose is accurate, up to date, complete and relevant, having regard to the purpose of the use or disclosure.
You may seek to access or correct your personal information at any time by contacting the Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the ‘Privacy Officer, Bamboo Haus Australia, PO BOX 5221, CHITTAWAY BAY NSW 2261.
You can send written complaints about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to your personal information by email to email@example.com or by mail to the “Privacy Officer”, Bamboo Haus Australia, PO BOX 5221, CHITTAWAY BAY NSW 2261.
Complaints will be reviewed by Bamboo Haus’s Privacy Officer and a response will usually be provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint by Bamboo Haus.
If you believe that your complaint has not been satisfactorily addressed by Bamboo Haus, after following the procedure set out above, you can make a complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner (OAIC). The OAIC’s contact details are here – http://www.oaic.gov.au.
For more information about making a complaint, contact Bamboo Haus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Linking to other websites